Moving memorabilia

I have had a lightbulb moment of late, my landlord decided to re-insulate our loft so things had to go and I was sad and did not want to do it. But I did, I also set myself the task of using up as much of our accumulated stash of craft things for charity and selling, if possible, the huge amount of memorabilia we have amassed over the years. unless we move to a castle very little of it could be displayed properly so will lie in boxes being ruined by dust and time. I do not want the children being left with huge boxes of junk if and when we pop our clogs and realistically we need the money... no we really need the money.

So the plan was, E bay first then either donate to appropriate charities or throw away. Last week I got organised and tentatively put a few items on e bay and half of them sold. I thought, mostly, I would start at 99p unless they were valuable. I made £50 the first week. Rather than run myself into the ground I took it slowly and posted the second lot, using free listing weekeend I placed more valuable lots, I made £100 half of which was my sons stuff. I now have a space in the office of 4 foot by 2 foot and a healthier bank balance.

Hubby has now got the bug and is giving up slightly precious stuff to sell. Tomorrow again is free listing day so we all have a few items we can bear to part with so I am crossing my fingers again. It will take  many months to grind away at the clutter but I am so pleased with the results I am prepared to sit here and get on with it.

As for the craft stuff, today I posted 10 parcels of handmade goods which had been bought at an online charity Christmas fayre making £42 for their funds and the e baying paid the postage so I wasnt out of pocket. I have also made 65 cards for a hospice that my friend Roz helps support - I had an outlay of 0 and they should raise a decent sum from them. 

So moving slowly towards December I am getting there.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good for you Ginny! One of these days I really ought to learn to use EBay, but have always been too lazy. Your post might just inspire me. Keep up the good work! x

Popular posts from this blog

May Blues

Looking Forward To Better Days

Is it January or Thursday, not sure.