Naomis's blanket and homemade kebabs

Have been busy finishing this for a lovely friend of mine who adores hand made throws. She sent me the yarn and I just made it up as I went along.
I have been using up all the freezer  and cupboard contents quite successfully. My son is getting Sky tv and I referred him so I get £100 tesco voucher which I am going to use to fill the big freezer with meat.A couple of weeks ago we were going through the famous 'Curry Mile' when I craved a kebab.So in the spirit of frugality I nipped in the Co-op and bought a lovely chicken for £5 and made my own wraps full of salald with a little hot chicken and mayo. Ok we had to wait till I cooked the chicken, but it made 2 other meals too and probably cost less than 2 kebabs. It was a Sunday evening so was limited to where I could get the chicken but it really was beautiful and very tasty.

My next challenge on the crafty front is to make 2 patchwork throws, one for my Grandson when he stays here and the other for a new prospective grandchild ready for my son and his wife to make the leap of faith. I have been buying the patchwork magazine thats out at present but am going to do my own design as I dont like the one in the booklet. I think I may well end up making 3 so I have one pink and one blue just in case the eventual pregnancy produces twins - a very real possibility!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May Blues

Looking Forward To Better Days

Is it January or Thursday, not sure.