Just passing by

I really must get myself blogging more often, its lack of inspiration mostly, though I do get ideas when I am no where near the lappy.

Had a near tragedy last night, my sewing machine went clunk and stopped working. It is many years old and cost me £10 plus a Jean Greenhowe Victorian knitted doll so I havent done too badly out of it. I decided there was nothing to lose in taking it apart so set to with my trusty WD40. I cleaned all the interior gubbins and left it till this morning to make a decision. I am very happy to report it now works again !!!! Am in the midst of making a quilt, however it looks patchwork but is really printed fabric. I bought a Tesco quilt cover for £1.50  and a valance for the same thinking I would make myself a pretty double quilt cover from them but it was begging   to be quilted. Just have to do the edging  and its done.

Here is one of my many makes this month, its a gift for a dear friend and really took no time at all. However I have decided I have to be careful how much knitting I do as my arthur-itis doesnt like it at all. So small projects only. I have been churning out my Christmas charity makes and am all but finished for this year. I say that and suddenly see something that catches my eye...Pinterest...and have to start making again.

Have been very careful with our pennies this last month or so and John and I have decided to have another break in Newcastle. We have to grab every opportunity as we both can see he wont be fit to travel for much longer. So this week am using up the contents of the freezers so that when I get back I can start preparing for Christmas before meat gets too expensive. That way I can organise and pre-cook meals and pack the freezers properly.

We are going to Beamish museum which is the main focus of the trip and I am really looking forward to seeing the place. Bonus is I get in free as Johns carer so just £17.50 which is an awful lot to me so hope you get a lot for your money.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May Blues

Looking Forward To Better Days

Is it January or Thursday, not sure.