With a little help from my friends.

Some friends and I hooked up with a British charity that sends items to a school in the Gambia. the good thing  is they send a container full at a time so we can literally send anything that would be of use. I made some sewing kits up and they were really appreciated. It brought home to me how much we take things for granted so have set myself a task for the next 6 months to help where and whenever I can. I have little money but huge amounts of stash, time and a great network of supporters. I decided to try the pillowcase dress pattern, found online, a very simple little shift dress basically made from a pillowcase. On hearing of this my good friend Chalky  ( http://chalkygilbert.blogspot.co.uk/ ) kindly sent me 2 unopened double quilt covers and so as not to let her down I started sewing. I made 10 dresses from the first cover and haven't even used the pillowcases yet. I also ran up some little bags to pop the dresses in so the children will have a school bag as well. Of course now I need to make some boys bags too so they will not be left out.

Comments

Anonymous said…
These are really beautiful. I am so glad you have turned the covers into something so special .love Linda

Popular posts from this blog

May Blues

Looking Forward To Better Days

Is it January or Thursday, not sure.