Warm days when blessings abound

Seems little man is learning to love books. His daddy and I have a sneaky feeling he has been able to read for about a year now and slowly but surely he is revealing this to us all. I think, however, that Terry Pratchett may be heavy going at 4 ! My Mum often tells anyone who will listen that by the age of 5 I was checking stock and ordering fresh supplies over the phone from our little corner shop and I do have a mental image of doing it.



Just spent a week in Lincolnshire again. I grasp every break we manage with both hands as everyone may be the lst Hubby is well enough for. I always try and meet up with this little fella for a chat when we are over there - he lives at the seal rescue centre with his little family and is such charming company, listens to every word I say.

This is Shaun, my darling bear, who was a little over excited and actually fell off the dashboard. He always goes away with us and enjoys the scenery.

Everything is coming on fast thanks to the sunshine and am really enjoying vertical gardening. The horizontal land is so riddled with slugs and snails that it can only be used for certain crops, mainly fruit, so the pods are working very well. I intend to extend this system more this year as I have another frame but the frame is from the old rabbit run and is backed with wire mesh, so I intend to use zip ties to fasten the milk pods on and they can be situated more artistically and better for the plants. So far I have tiny tomatoes, alpine strawberries and baby leeks in the pods.

Lets hope the weather warms up again soon so I can  pot on the contents of the greenhouse and re-fill it with the next crops.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May Blues

Looking Forward To Better Days

Is it January or Thursday, not sure.