Rainy Days on Holiday

Made sure I had provisions in the caravan to keep busy. Wee bit of cross stitch - fancied a blue Christmas this time. We do go out but evenings are very long as we don't do nightlife. Blackpool was very quiet during the day and we wonder how on earth people are surviving when they are usually run off their feet. Called in an antique/retro centre I found on line but sadly they hadnt spent lockdown cleaning the place and we both got nibbled by a bug or two. We beat a hasty retreat! Bethany thoroughly enjoyed herself along with her brother, bit of beach time/swimming pool/ long walks. We were there mainly for support but know now we wont have to stay next year as the wee family is fine on its own now. We will probably nip up for a day then stay in a motel for a night and do our own thing the next day. One good thing we hardly spent a penny. 


Now down to the work of clearing the house, finally found a charity shop that would accept the pile of stuff  I had picked up off my brother as he was moving house and had no where to store it till the charity shops re opened. I would rather have my cupboard at the front of the house crammed with bags than put them in land fill. As fast as Im clearing more is coming in! Mums cd collection came home with us yesterday but has already gone to the CS. Her cd storage towers came too but they are being re-purposed. Jenni collected a lovely buggy for free for here so we dont do that whole swopping everything over or forgetting things when we have baby Lily. Carol next door gave me a lovely Mothercare baby chair/swing so thats another  freebie. Just sorted a box of nice picture frames from Mums to take to another charity shop, maybe Emmaus because they will sell there. 

I wrote a list of jobs when I was away ready for when I got home - I nearly ran away to join the Navy when I saw how much there was! Oh well a couple ticked off today I hope. I would rather wear out than rust as Harley Davidson owners say.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May Blues

Looking Forward To Better Days

Is it January or Thursday, not sure.